[ZPT] PageTemplateFile again. Why Antipersistent??

Axel Müller axel.mueller at amit-services.de
Wed Aug 25 03:03:27 EDT 2004

Am Mittwoch, 25. August 2004 08:26 schrieb Chris Withers:

> > HtmlFile, ImageFile etc. can be added to instances in ZODB:
> >
> > setattr(self,'name',HTMLFile('asdfad',globals()))
> >
> > (replace HTMLFile as needed)
>
> ...but REALLY shouldn't. Seriously, that's not what they're designed for.
shure, but what's the problem with it? I implemented skins as folders outside
the ZODB. I need skins not as skins for the visitor of the side to change
from blue to red, but to have different skins per folder in one instance of
Zope.

> What you really want is to instantiate a normal PageTemplate object, set
> it as the attribute of your class instance, and then call it's edit
> method with the data you read off the filesystem.
that is exactly what I tried to omit. Because my folders should only contain
the data they are made for. I'm trying to separate the data from the ui.

axel

axel.mueller at amit-services.de
http://www.amit-services.de
tel (06322) 680 668