[ZPT] path variable doesn't exist

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue Jan 20 07:32:38 EST 2004

Justin Robertson schrieb:
> Thanks very much for your post Clemens but as yet no joy.
>
> request.cid and request.form.get('cid') raise attribute errors and
> request.form['cid'] raises a key error. This is only my second day using
> Zope and I'm amazed by the lack of documentation. Where, for instance,
> can I find a full list of the properties of the built-in objects, like
> request.form, etc?

How about the zope-book? And dont tell me you did not find it -
its very clear linked from the front page at zope.org :-)

See:
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixB.stx#2-204

In Zope-documention there is rare documentation on python related
stuff, since python already got a excellent documentation and there
is no need to mirror it in the Zope-documentation.

Therefore, if there reads "mapping" it refers to pythons understanding
of mappings (dictionaries) - just see www.python.org -> Documentation.

Its really not that hard. Try the python tutorial first to get
an impression of the language.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain