[ZPT] Re: [Zope-Annce] TAL Hotfix 2004-07-14 for Zope 2.7.0, 2.7.1

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 02:41:55 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> I read it above: the interpolated translation has not been
> HTML/XML quoted. "Interpolated translation" means "values substituted
> in slots of translated elements" (whatever that may be in detail).

So, just to check, this hotfix was released because someone might provide a
msgstr that might contain illegal HTML, and that might get through unquoted, and
that's IT?!

In that case, just checking, as far as I know, PTS is the only source of these
messages for Zope, and PTS relies on gettext.py from the python distribution.
gettext.py does a python exec, that's right, an EXEC!!, of each message in the
message catalog and someone is worried about unquoted html?!

That seems to be like offering someone a kevlar vest when they're already lying
bleeding in the street...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk