[ZPT] Re: [Zope-Annce] TAL Hotfix 2004-07-14 for Zope 2.7.0, 2.7.1

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 12:09:33 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 12:01 pm, Chris Withers wrote:
 > Ah, okay, so it adds the opposite of the structure keyword to the
 > i18n:name substitution?

Right; this makes the "text" keyword work, and be the default (which is what
it's supposed to be).

 > If so, what devious exploits did people think up that necessitated a
 > hotfix for this?

We've come up with potential exploits, but don't know that they've been
observed "in the wild".  Given that people have been having trouble with the
hotfix in some situations, I'd rather not provide details at this time.

 > Also, if you WANT to put HTML in the substituted bit (like a <b> tag or
 > some other such horribleness) then how would you go about doing it?

Then use the "structure" keyword as you normally would; that works just fine.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at gmail.com>
Zope Corporation