[ZPT] Two column ZPT output from SQL

Duane Raymond duane.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 07:59:54 EDT 2004

I think I'm trying to walk when I've just learned to crawl (with python)   :-(

> All you have to know is Objectmanagers (as for example Folders)
> and many other zope objects support __getitem__ and __getattr__
> meaning you can do both
>
> getattr(container,'attributename') (also with default - see
> help(getattr))
>
> and container['attributename']

I've tried 20-30 variations of what is suggested above and all I get
is 'attribute errors'.  Can you see anything wrong with the code
below:

columns=2 # the number of columns needed
query = "sql_getCountryGroupings()"
myObject = getattr(context,query)

qresults=context.myObject.dictionaries()
# this is done to get a real list

return [qresults[index:index+columns] for index in
range(0,len(qresults),columns)]

Sorry for being a bit slow - I'll post the final solution for others
once (if) I solve this.

Duane