[ZPT] calling a python script from ZPT

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Sat Jul 2 23:01:34 EDT 2005

On Sunday 03 Jul 2005 3:57 am, David Pratt wrote:
> Hi Ken. One easy solution is to put your scripts in your own skins
> folder or in the custom folder
> and they are available anywhere in your app.  I think this is
> covered in the plone book somewhere,
> maybe under customization.

yep - thats what i realised at last. But, there are one-off times when
a quick and dirty solution is required to meet some deadline, and
this is where i got stuck. I finally solved the problem by using the
'root' variable like
python:root.abc.cde.efg.hijk.getnames()
but this means starting from the zope root, and is a long way to the
final folder. It could be shortened if i could find the python
equivalent to the string $plone_url
--
regards
kg