[ZPT] Setting encoding in xml declaration

Tom von Schwerdtner tvon at etria.com
Sat May 28 19:16:17 EDT 2005

I'm not having any luck with this, so maybe someone here can help.

1- I need to generate a RDF document with TAL

2- I need to set the encoding in the XML declaration

3- If I generate the XML declaration with something like this:

   <tal:block
        replace="structure string:<?xml version='1.0' encoding='${encoding}'?>"/>

  Then TAL seems to treat the file is HTML (since there is no hard-coded
XML declaration I assume) and lower cases all tags.  This turns <rdf:RDF
into <rdf:rdf which is invalid.

Short of using DTML, my only solution has been to generate the
rdf tag itself:

  <tal:block replace="structure string:<rdf:RDF...."/>

Which I think ensures me a place in hell.

Any suggestions?

-Tom