[ZPT] ZPT and ZSqL question

Tom Twyman fr0gger03 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:28:18 EDT 2005

Hello all!

I am trying to construct a login page.  I have users registering on the site
using ZPT, python script, and ZSQL methods, and their account information is
held in a table ("clients") in a psql database.  Now, I want to be able to
garner their clientid (primary key) during login, and pass it as an argument
to another page.

I have the following as the login:

Page ID: 'login'

<form action="login.py" method="post">

<input type="text" name="email:string:required"  size="50"></p>

<input type="password" name="password:string:required"  size="50"></p>

</form>

The following is the python script: 'login.py'

(parameters=email, password)

# get sql method
select=container['sql_login']

# call it, passing arguments
select(email=email,password=password)

# return a confirmation page
page=container['fmvwsched']
return page()

Finally, the following is the sql method: 'sql_login'
(arguments=email, password)

select clientid from clients where email=<dtml-sqlvar email type=string> and
password=<dtml-sqlvar password type=string>

I am sure this should be simpler than I am trying to make it, but I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Tom