[ZPT] Why pass macros to TALInterpreter?

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Thu Sep 22 11:42:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

I wonder what the macros argument of TALInterpreter.__init__ is for. If I
understand the concept of generating and interpreting TAL byte-code
programs right, there's no need to pass any byte-code beside the program
to a TALInterpreter, and I can't see how the argument is used by the code.

Is this something I misunderstand, or could the macros argument be
eliminated? If the latter, are there any compelling compatibility reasons
against removing it? There are only a few calls to the method in zope.*

--
Thomas