[ZPT] creating lists of objects in tal

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Sep 7 09:45:53 EDT 2006

Am 07.09.2006 um 15:10 schrieb Sinan Kalkan:

> the "announcements python:[]" part in tal:define tag initializes the
> list, and the list becomes populated with the
> "a python:announcements.append(obj)" in tal:define tag.

You should assemble all your data structures outside of your template
and pass them in. ZPT's run security checks on all objects which
might be one reason for slowing stuff down. I suspect if you rewrite
your code to use a single PythonScript then it will run a lot faster
and be a lot easier to work with.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark