[Zope-Coders] removing RCS ids causes error on startup

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 16:17:48 +0100

I used this from the ZopeCVS FAQ to update my sandbox branch with the HEAD.

----
Note that you can also use the -kk option with cvs update to avoid
spurious conflict messages (when the only things that conflict are the
RCS expansions) when you are performing merges:

cvs update -kk -d -j brian-foo-branch
----

However, I find that ZServer/medusa/resolver.py won't start up, because
of this:

RCS_ID =  '$Id$'

VERSION = string.split(RCS_ID)[2]

When I fix that (by sticking a valid RCS id in), I'm getting core dumps
all of a sudden... I don't know whether removing RCS ids could cause
that though, or whether it is something else I'm doing, or something
wrong with the trunk.

--
Steve Alexander