[Zope-Coders] patch submissions

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:06:58 -0400

Chris McDonough writes:
 > I for one will never be able to keep up with patch submissions this way.
 > I hope other folks can.

  Having a list for development discussions is crucial, but will not
work for patch management -- there is a real need for some sort of
"collector" or "tracker" for this purpose.  We certainly found out we
couldn't manage patches on a list with the Python "patches" list
(before Python moved to SourceForge, we used *only* the list) -- we
lost an enormous amount of contributed effort to the email backlog.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation