[Zope-Coders] Linux Test Results - Zope HEAD - OK :-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 11:13:30 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:

> I agree, Zope 2.7 will require 2.2.1. OTOH, perhaps there should have been
> some warning so that the testers could upgrade their Python version. :)

This feels pretty bogus to me :-(

What are the massive advantages of Python 2.2.x that necessitate such a big
change with so little notice or discussion?

Zope 3's requirement for Python 2.2 was broadly discussed on the mailing lists,
I don't ever remember such a discussion about the Zope 2 CVS HEAD or 2.7,
whatever mythical code base you choose to attach that label to...

Can we at least have some discussion before this decision is layed down in stone?

cheers,

Chris