[Zope-Coders] Persistent Sessions question

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
15 Oct 2002 14:03:06 -0400

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 13:36, Evan Simpson wrote:
>  > It should work fine in theory but I suspect
>  > you'll get a magnitude increase in conflict errors over a comparable
>  > local storage
>
> This is primarily a risk when sessions are created or destroyed, right?
>   I'm expecting a low volume of session starts/ends and a high volume of
> session changes.

As long as you don't have frames or some other pathological case where
multiple clients try to read and write from the same session data
object, no conflicts will happen during "normal" processing.  But since
session data object expiration happens in-band (it happens every so
often during normal request processing), you may see clumps of conflict
errors every few minutes as it purges old session data objects and
readjusts its index structures.

>  > FWIW, also, please try to use Zope 2.6 instead of Zope 2.5
>
> Just made the switch, since I advocated it to someone else a few day ago
> :-).  Love that error_log!  Where's the Folder Settings tab that the
> CHANGELOG talks about?

I think the plumbing is in there but there was some controversy over the
UI, so it's not in there.. ;-)

- C