[Zope-Coders] extra-clean shutdown, signal handling

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:51:55 -0500

> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/CleanShutdown
>
> I would like to merge the implementation of this proposal with
> the trunk. The
> implementation is in toby-clean-shutdown-branch
>
> Any objections?
>

> (The patch currently applies cleanly to 2.6, and there are some minor
> conflicts applying it to the trunk. I do not propose adding
> applying it to
> the 2.6 maintenance branch)

This looks like a Good Thing to me. It would be best if we could
also get some volunteers to test the results in a reasonably realistic
deployment environment (real-life clients over real-life slow
connections, etc.), preferably in both standalone ZODB and ZEO modes
to make sure there are no unintended side effects.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com