[Zope-Coders] Win32 Tests - Zope 2.5 branch - failures:2 errors:7

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:55:40 -0400

  >> Has anyone taken a next step to diagnose this problem?  The
  >> exception means just what it says.  The filename used for this
  >> test is locked by some process.  Perhaps a previous testrun hung
  >> and left a lock around.  Perhaps one of the earlier tests isn't
  >> cleaning up properly.
  >>
  >> To diagnose: First, run the tests with a clean test environment
  >> -- all temp files deleted.  Do the tests hang then?

  SH> The test suite is messy.  It creates a ZODB to test a text
  SH> index, but there's really little reason a text index test needs
  SH> a ZODB.

So is the test just being sloppy when it creates and destroys the
ZODB?  I don't think it really matters if it creates a database just
for testing.  The problem here seems to be getting all gummed up
opening a filestorage.

Maybe the test should use MappingStorage.

Jeremy