[Zope-Coders] Win32 Tests - Zope 2.5 branch - failures:2 errors:7

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 15:27:04 -0400

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>   SH> The test suite is messy.  It creates a ZODB to test a text
>   SH> index, but there's really little reason a text index test needs
>   SH> a ZODB.
>
> So is the test just being sloppy when it creates and destroys the
> ZODB?  I don't think it really matters if it creates a database just
> for testing.  The problem here seems to be getting all gummed up
> opening a filestorage.
>
> Maybe the test should use MappingStorage.

Yes, now that I look at it again, the test suite does call
get_transaction().commit() to apparently verify that TextIndex interacts
correctly with ZODB persistence.  A MappingStorage would fit the bill
perfectly.

Shane