[Zope-Coders] MaintenanceMode of Proposals

Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:20:22 +0100

On Thursday 12 Sep 2002 8:24 pm, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:

> "Concurrent (R/O),"
> is allowing read-only connections from non-maintainers,

nice

> "Exclusive"=20
> is only allowing connections from the maintainer.

Thats a strange one. Does it mean that unauthenticated requests for=20
non-existant objects would return a 401 (authentication required) rather =
than=20
the usual 404 ?  I suppose the 'authentication required' error page cant =
use=20
standard_error_message.... Will there be some standard 'down for maintena=
nce'=20
error page, or will it use the standard error page for when there are err=
ors=20
in standard_html_error?

It seems to me that this feature would be better implemented with a switc=
h in=20
the front-end proxy, not in Zope.

> A maintainer shall be the user who caused the system to go into
> maintenance mode; this represents someone with Manager access to the
> control panel. Once the system enters maintenance mode, only the the
> maintainer or the emergency user can cause it to change state.

Why not a 'Change Maintenance Mode' permission?