[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:17:11 -0400

  AJ> From the maintenance point of view it is hard to keep
  AJ> an overview over at for different code lines (2.5.X, 2.6, 2.7,
  AJ> HEAD). Fixing bugs and backporting fixes to other branches will
  AJ> become more complex and requires more time.  I would like to see
  AJ> the number of different active branches as low as possible.

Excellent point, Andreas.

We just cut a ZODB3 beta release, which means we just created a
ZODB3-3_1-branch for this release.  There are a bunch of important bug
fixes in this release that I wanted to backport to Zope 2.5.  I hadn't
thought about it before, but do I need to also backport them to Zope
2.6 and Zope 2.7?  That's really an excessive amount of work!

Jeremy