[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:53:58 +0000 (UTC)

Toby Dickenson  <tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com> wrote:
> > Why deprive ourselves (and the world) of i18n in
> > 2.6 when there is practically nothing to do to integrate it?
>
> Because its already too late.

Are you saying that in terms of release schedule?

Frankly I have much more confidence in Zope 2.6 being released soon that
Zope 2.7.

(As an aside, I thought that Zope 2.7 was cut for python 2.2 and to
backport i18n, and that i18n requiring ComponentArchitecture some of it
was also backported. But that's not the case, the i18n code does not
require ComponentArchitecture nor python 2.2, and can work very well in
2.6. So we (in need of i18n) have waited for nothing, as it could have
been done in 2.6 HEAD.)

Anyway as I said I'll put the i18n stuff in a branch off 2.6 this
weekend, and I'll let release coordinators decide what to do.

Really, postponing yet some unknown number of weeks the release of a
i18n-aware Zope is not helpful at all to the world at large.

Florent