[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:39:48 +0100

On Monday 16 Sep 2002 9:00 am, Alexander Limi wrote:
> Toby (easy cop-out here ;) wrote:
> > Everyone needs 2.6 out now too. I understand your frustration at the
> > delays
>
> in
>
> > releasing 2.6, but cramming extra stuff into that release wont help.
>
> Two lines of code? That is already written, tested and=20

No, you are right. Two lines of code doesnt count as 'cramming'.  I was u=
nder=20
the impression that these patches were somewhat more intrusive (as most i=
18n=20
patches tend to be). Ill check out that branch....

> won't interfere with
> normal Zope usage?

The risk is that you are wrong in this judgement. I have no reason to thi=
nk=20
that you are, except that everyone has made this mistake at some time....=
=2E

> > I dont understand the proposition that something cant be used just
> > because it isnt in the standard release. Numerous good things existed=
 as
> > patches (or even better, in a branch) for a long time before being me=
rged
> > into the trunk.
> >
> > I cant remember the last time I used a standard zope. Patching isnt h=
ard.

> Sorry to inform you of this, but you aren't exactly the "typical" Zope
> user. (Well, if you are, then we should reconsider how Zope is used out
> there :^)

I certainly was when I first ran a patched Zope. I am probably a 'typical=
=20
user' of other packages where I currently run patched versions. (unless t=
he=20
fact that I am comfortable using 'patch' means I am an atypical user of a=
ll=20
packages. Hmmm)

Are you suggesting that *any* patch is too hard for the typical zope user=
?