[Plone-i18n] Re: [Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:36:59 +0300

Alexander Limi wrote:

>Toby (easy cop-out here ;) wrote:
> =20
>
>>I cant remember the last time I used a standard zope. Patching isnt har=
d.
>>   =20
>>
>Sorry to inform you of this, but you aren't exactly the "typical" Zope u=
ser.
>(Well, if you are, then we should reconsider how Zope is used out there =
:^)

>Installing anything with i18n now is a nightmare to most users. Zope is =
already
>too patchy, and I've got the battle scars to prove it. (plone.org is sti=
ll down
>due to problems with BSD, Python and Zope/CMF)
> =20

Toby,

plone is being translated in defferent languages. Translators being=20
involved are mostly from Win32 world and do know nothing except for=20
install with pressing Enter. Plone has beautiful installer right now but=20
it is not enough, i18n requires more.

2.7 look like Christmas Gift and is too far eway. Release Often!=20
Unfortunately it is not the case...

Maybe we consider adding that two extra lines of code?

Regards,

m.
--=20
Myroslav Opyr