[Zope-Coders] bug in ZPublisher.BaseRequest

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:13:08 -0400

> Here's another bug Neal reported that I don't know how to fix.  In
> BaseRequest, there's a method that refers to the global variable
> type_converters.  This variable doesn't exist -- didn't even exist in
> revision 1.1.  What's supposed to happen?
>
> Jeremy
>
> try:
>     from ExtensionClass import Base
>     class RequestContainer(Base):
>         __roles__=None
>         def __init__(self,**kw):
>             for k,v in kw.items(): self.__dict__[k]=v
>
>         def manage_property_types(self):
>             return type_converters.keys()
>
> except:
>     class RequestContainer:
>         __roles__=None
>         def __init__(self,**kw):
>             for k,v in kw.items(): self.__dict__[k]=v

A grep shows that type_converters is defined in
lib/python/ZPublisher/Converters.py, as a dictionary, so you can
probably import it from there.

I have a general question: who's gonna port all the things you just
fixed on the trunk to the 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 branches?  I don't
understand how these branches are being managed any more, and by
whom.  Is anyone paying attention to make sure things like this don't
fall between the cracks?