[Zope-Coders] bug in ZPublisher.BaseRequest

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:00:55 -0400

> A grep shows that type_converters is defined in
> lib/python/ZPublisher/Converters.py, as a dictionary, so you can
> probably import it from there.
>
> I have a general question: who's gonna port all the things you just
> fixed on the trunk to the 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 branches?  I don't
> understand how these branches are being managed any more, and by
> whom.  Is anyone paying attention to make sure things like this don't
> fall between the cracks?

Note that the "2.7 branch" is history - the head is effectively
the future 2.7. Everything else you've ever heard about 2.7 is
...inoperative :)

The general rule is that changes you make to the head that are
bug fixes should be backported at least to the "current release
branch". At the end of a release cycle like this, one could argue
which is the current release branch, but but fixes should *at least*
go into the 2.6 branch. If they are deemed really important, the goal
is for them to be available in the most "mainstream" release, which
currently would be 2.5.

FYI - most of this is explained at:

http://dev.zope.org/CVS/ZopeDevelopmentProcess

http://dev.zope.org/CVS/ZopeCVSFAQ

The short version is: if you make a particular (bug fix) change to the
head, you are also on the hook to make sure it gets into the other
places it needs to go (or to cajole someone into doing it for you).

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com