[Zope-Moz] SURVEY: What people can do

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:56:55 +0100

Okay, it was pointed out to me that I reversed the 1 to 5 scale. Therefore
I'll pull a 6 - n here.

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Paul Everitt wrote:
> > On to the survey.  On a scale of 1 to 5, with one being "I'm really good
> > at it", please judge yourself on the following if you intend to
> > participate in the Zope Studio.
> >
> > 1) HTML 4
>
> 3 - not particularly good; but I do look at the spec all the time when
> writing HTML code. Unfortunately the browsers don't implement it right
> yet (this will be a common theme of these answers..)

Stays 3

> > 2) Web graphics.
>
> 1 - I know what they are. I can figure them out. Not my particular
> speciality.

Becomes 5

> > 3) JavaScript.
>
> 2 - I could code in it but it's too incompatible right now so I haven't
> even tried. They should've used Python instead. ;) I hope ECMAScript in
> Mozilla will change all that.

Becomes 4

> > 4) CSS.
>
> 2 - I know what it is, studied the issues a while back, and again gave up
> due to bad implementation by browsers.

Becomes 4

> > 5) XML.
>
> 3 - I have done lots of work with XML, but I am not that familiar with the
> newer specs such as XSL.

Stays 3

> > 6) RDF.
>
> 1 - Know virtually nothing about it.

Becomes 5

> > 7) DOM.
>
> 4 - I have only used the XML part of the DOM but I'm fairly familiar with it
> as I helped debug Zope's XMLDocument

Becomes 2

> > 8) COM programming (meaning you'll be familiar with XPCOM).
>
> 1 - I know what COM is but haven't worked with it.

Becomes 5

Everybody has their own scoring system! We should make somekind of ISO
standard! Put a gold pressed latinum bar in Paris. Something..

Regards,

Martijn