[Zope-Moz] SURVEY: What people can do

Rik Hoekstra hoekstra@fsw.LeidenUniv.nl
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:08:38 +0100

Hello everybody.  I'd like to do a survey of the people on signed up so
far and find out what areas of experience we have covered.  Please only
respond to the survey if you intend to participate in some of the
development for this project.

Two other things.  First, I'd like to leverage the phrase used by the
Linux Planet guy and call this the new "Zope Studio".  Saying
"management environment" gets old.

Next, I'd like to set a target to have the demo for the Zope Track next
month dovetail with two other goals.  The first is the portal toolkit,
which is coming along nicely.  Thus, I'd like the Zope Studio
proof-of-concept to also reinforce ideas in the portal toolkit.  The
second is, unfortunately, something I can't talk about yet. :^)

On to the survey.  On a scale of 1 to 5, with one being "I'm really good
at it", please judge yourself on the following if you intend to
participate in the Zope Studio.

1) HTML 4

2 - Have coded HTML for quite some time now. Nothing special though

2) Web graphics.

3 - regular. I'll make one if I have to. Quite opinionated on what is nice
and what not, though ;-)

3) JavaScript.

4 - I thought it too instable and too browser dependent to start coding in
it. I can if I have to, though...

4) CSS.

3 - I have delved into CSS1, but thought it to browser independent. Never
looked at CSS2.

5) XML.

2 - That would be a 1 a conceptual level, and probably a 2/3 at the
executing side.

6) RDF.

2/3 - Once more more conceptual than coding experience. I _though_ a lot
about implementing it in projects and how to do it, but never thought it
worth the trouble to actually do it beyond experimenting.

7) DOM.

3 - I have been playing with the Python DOM implementation. Never got around
to the ZOpe implementation though

8) COM programming (meaning you'll be familiar with XPCOM).

5 - I'm too stupid for that ;-)

Rik