[Zope-Moz] Re[2]: [Zope-Moz] Re: [Zope] RDF Use cases

Martijn Pieters Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:13:09 +0100

Hello Shalabh,

SC> I didn't mean to say that Zope stop supporting other standards, but that
SC> the _Zope_Studio_ that's being designed use the Zope RDF model to
SC> manipulate the Zope installation. This is the way it's going already (it
SC> seems) which makes the suggestion redundant.

Note that my desciption is just an idea, my idea. This is not to say
that Zope Studio would be implemented that way. It is a (I think)
possible implementation.

SC> From what I know, SOAP is a sort of specialized XML-RPC. So if Zope will
SC> support SOAP, it will support XML-RPC too?

SOAP and XML-RPC are based on the same ideas. Their backgrounds
converge. XML-RPC is not a subset of SOAP, nor vice-versa.

Zope already supports XML-RPC, and SOAP is a planned addition.

--
Best regards,
 Martijn                            mailto:mj@digicool.com