[Zope-Moz] Re: Re. mozillation project?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:01:34 +0200

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 10:35:10AM -0500, Jerry Spicklemire wrote:
> Shalabh Chaturvedi wrote:
> Very interesting! The RIPP stuff that Phillip Eby and Ty Sarna are lloking at,
> part of which is used in PTKs LoginManager seems to be headed in the same
> same general direction. Especially:
>
> 	http://www.zope.org/Members/pje/SWARM/AspectObjects
>
> has implications for all types of OO Application Methodology. That is,
> diligent
> separation of Objects yields optimal re-usability.
>
> So, how does this relate to the need to "infer" the construction of a GUI
> from
> a description, when interpretted within a specific context? Well, the
> concept of
> "Injectable Brains" gets closer to these topics, with the ability to
> "assemble a
> fresh Brain", on demand. Can GUI elements be contained in "Brain Donors"?
>
> 	http://www.zope.org/Members/pje/SWARM/InjectableBrains

Well, if we can get remote XBL widgets to work, you could make Injectable
Brains contain new widgets, complete with functionality.

Already someone has made a simple but very effective date picker widget, which
will display a popup calender when clicked, so you can pick a date, instead of
having to type it in. You can easily extend this to any level of complexity.
Anything you can build with XUL, HTML, CSS and DOM is available.

This would be an interesting future use of Mozilla indeed.

--
Martijn Pieters