[Zope-Moz] Re. mozillation project?

Jerry Spicklemire jerry@spicklemire.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 16:58:10 -0500

Martijn Pieters wrote:

>Well, if we can get remote XBL widgets to work, you could make Injectable
>Brains contain new widgets, complete with functionality.
>
>Already someone has made a simple but very effective date picker widget,
which
>will display a popup calender when clicked, so you can pick a date,
instead of
>having to type it in. You can easily extend this to any level of complexity.
>Anything you can build with XUL, HTML, CSS and DOM is available.
>
>This would be an interesting future use of Mozilla indeed.
>
>--
>Martijn Pieters

"Rule-Based Construction (Examples) Sometimes different types of content
should be constructed based on the attributes found on the bound element.
XBL supports this capability through the usage of inheritance and style
rules. If the content varies in this way, then multiple derived bindings
can be defined that all inherit from the same base binding."

(http://www.mozilla.org/xpfe/xptoolkit/xbl.html#structure)

No wonder DC has jumped on Mozilla for ZopeStudio!

Apple, IBM, and Lotus won't even know what hit them . . .