[Zope-Moz] ANNOUNCE: Zope management tree in Mozilla

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 07:50:45 -0500

From: Shalabh Chaturvedi [mailto:shalabh@pspl.co.in]
> From: Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>
> > I have created a little demo of what can be achieved mixing
> Zope, RDF,
> > XUL and Mozilla.
> <snipped>
>
> I've worked more on this and produced an 'explorer-like' view of the
> Zope intallation.
> Here's a screenshot :
> http://www.zope.org/Members/shalabh/Mozilla/zide/zide.gif
> Get the entire thing here:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/shalabh/Mozilla/zide
>
> Martijn : should we merge this into your stream?

This is perfect. With your permission, I do want to take your code and
go along this path.

Ideas:

- Include a toolbar, menus and contextual menus. They don't have to be
functional yet, their just there for the idea, and to see what kind of
commands we can come up with.

- The right hand side view, and the available commands for each object
should be dependant on the kind of object displayed/selected. This list
should in the future probably come from each object type itself. The RDF
for the object should next to the ID, Title, Metatype and Last Modified
date also include a seeAlso URL attribute pointing to the command RDF
structure.

If no such attribute is present, then the original HTML management
interface of the object should be displayed.

- Implement double-clicking on items in the right hand side view, which
then can open new windows for showing edit views of the items.
Right-hand clicking and menu/toolbar options can take care of views like
permissions and properties.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149