[Zope-Moz] RE: [Zope-Moz] ETA

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 16:34:28 -0500

As Martijn Faassen pointed out, one of the aspects of the ZopeStudio
project is that it is tied to the status of the Mozilla project.

There are a few other points that make it very hard to make any guesses
at release dates:

- We will need to use technologies as yet to be implemented in Mozilla
(like accessing remote XML docs from the DOM, and XML based internet
communications like XML-RPC and SOAP). The Mozilla people are discussing
such additions, but no decision on what shape this is going to take have
not been made yet.

- We are still experimenting with the possibilities. No feature set has
been decided upon yet, so we have no idea about the work involved.

- Because we have no planned feature set, nor know what support Mozilla
is going to have for remote server data (apart from RDF) and remote
procedure calls, we don't know what expertise is needed to bring this
project to completion. We may need extra help causing delays unplanned
for.

But if you want to take a look, I think we'll have some basic
functionality over the coming weeks in CVS. See my other email
announcing the CVS, anonymous access should be fixed soon.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149