[Zope-Moz] Mockups and status

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh@pspl.co.in
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 13:37:38 +0530

Martijn Pieters wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This week, I've started the ZopeStudio development process in full. At the
> Zope-Moz Zwiki, I've posted a vision document, to which some comments and
> now also screen mockups where added. Have a look, and give me feedback on
> the list or on the ZWiki:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/ZWiki/ZopeStudioVision
>   http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/Projects/MozillaOME/Mockups

The mockups are cool!

Comments:

Main Interface:
 o  The 'collapsible panels' on the left side are really neat. Are the 'Drop-in
     Components' what I'm thinking they are? ;-)
    Which means the icons available in the 'Drop-in Components' panel are
    not fixed but come from real objects. In which case new
    component-objects can be created by the user and new icons put in the
    panel.

 o  Could the 'view' be a tab? I know there's some small button there but
     shouldn't we also have it as a tab? Then it would be a set of tabs at the
     bottom which do different things with the current object and the tabs
     at the top as they are for switching between objects.

 o  The mini object bowser is a real killer!

Object Browser:
 o   I didn't like the 'Location' as a toolbar. Makes it look like a web
      browser and I wouldn't change the location very much too. Why don't
      we just have it through the Server menu?

 o  A (provision for a) Flash Panel here too? It shows 'server level'
     information so I think it belongs here althogh users will mostly be in the
     main interface. So it could be available in both places.

This was for the list. There's also something on the wiki:
http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/ZWiki/MiscIdeas

Cheers,
Shalabh