[Zope-Moz] Mockups and status

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 13:11:48 +0100

From: "Shalabh Chaturvedi" <shalabh@pspl.co.in>
> Martijn Pieters wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > This week, I've started the ZopeStudio development process in full. At
the
> > Zope-Moz Zwiki, I've posted a vision document, to which some comments
and
> > now also screen mockups where added. Have a look, and give me feedback
on
> > the list or on the ZWiki:
> >
> >   http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/ZWiki/ZopeStudioVision
> >   http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/Projects/MozillaOME/Mockups
>

> The mockups are cool!
>
> Comments:
>
> Main Interface:
>  o  The 'collapsible panels' on the left side are really neat. Are the
'Drop-in
>      Components' what I'm thinking they are? ;-)
>     Which means the icons available in the 'Drop-in Components' panel are
>     not fixed but come from real objects. In which case new
>     component-objects can be created by the user and new icons put in the
>     panel.

They are real objects, with some way to determine what parameters they need.
The propertyview on the bottom right hand side can then be used to set
parameters on those components once they
are in a document.

>  o  Could the 'view' be a tab? I know there's some small button there but
>      shouldn't we also have it as a tab? Then it would be a set of tabs at
the
>      bottom which do different things with the current object and the tabs
>      at the top as they are for switching between objects.

I like the buttons better, they take less space, and make it less confusing.
I've wanted to swith to different documents in other editors, expecting tabs
to do that for me, and getting a different view instead. Frustrating.

>  o  The mini object bowser is a real killer!

=) Maybe it'll take too much space like this, we might want to split the
tree into a drop-down box (if this is possible at all), and show th currenly
selected folder instead. Not very clear where you are then, though.

> Object Browser:
>  o   I didn't like the 'Location' as a toolbar. Makes it look like a web
>       browser and I wouldn't change the location very much too. Why don't
>       we just have it through the Server menu?

We can drop it. It is just there now, so I put it in in the mockup.

>  o  A (provision for a) Flash Panel here too? It shows 'server level'
>      information so I think it belongs here althogh users will mostly be
in the
>      main interface. So it could be available in both places.

Hmm.... I like the unclutteredness of the object browser.

> This was for the list. There's also something on the wiki:
> http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/ZWiki/MiscIdeas

I linked the ZopeVision document to it, and added my comments to yours.

Martijn Pieters