[Zope-Moz] some thoughts about zope-moz and some really blue sky stuff

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 10:49:54 -0500

Shalabh wrote:
> I'm not clear about what exactly do 'end users' and
> 'developers' want to do.
> Why can't ZS be used by end users? What do they want? How
> would they work with
> Zope?

I also worry about this.  Dreamweaver is awfully powerful, but everytime
I sit down in front of it, I get the feeling of, "Where do I start?"

If ZS winds up being Dreamweaver and not FrontPage (or even lower), then
we'll be cutting out the content manager (end user).

Thus, it's important to make sure we have our target set correctly.  I
think the target should scale from:

a. People that are familiar with HTML, up to...

b. People that could become productive in Dreamweaver in a day, and
would enjoy it.

I'm not sure that Zope Product Developers is the right target.  What do
others think?

--Paul