[Zope-Moz] some thoughts about zope-moz and some really blue sky stuff

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:29:20 +0100

From: "Paul Everitt" <Paul@digicool.com>
> Shalabh wrote:
> > I'm not clear about what exactly do 'end users' and
> > 'developers' want to do.
> > Why can't ZS be used by end users? What do they want? How
> > would they work with
> > Zope?
>
> I also worry about this.  Dreamweaver is awfully powerful, but everytime
> I sit down in front of it, I get the feeling of, "Where do I start?"
>
> If ZS winds up being Dreamweaver and not FrontPage (or even lower), then
> we'll be cutting out the content manager (end user).
>
> Thus, it's important to make sure we have our target set correctly.  I
> think the target should scale from:
>
> a. People that are familiar with HTML, up to...
>
> b. People that could become productive in Dreamweaver in a day, and
> would enjoy it.
>
> I'm not sure that Zope Product Developers is the right target.  What do
> others think?

I had as a target Application Developers. People using Zope to develop a web
site/app.

I like the collaboration angle Paul introduced in his other email. I think
that ZS should have some facilities for this. The target of ZS then becomes:
Zope App Developers, working individually or as a team.

Martijn Pieters