[Zope-Moz] Basic authentication fails for ".../manage" with M14

Svante Kleist Svante.Kleist@NEMESIS.se
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:09:52 +0200

Hi all MoZopistas,

Before submitting a bugzilla report, I'd like to check
that I'm not re-descovering the fire:

When trying "http://my.zope.server/manage" from M14 (Red Hat Linux 6.0),
the dialog "Prompt Username and Password" is displayed.
It contains the text "Enter username for basic realm="Zope",
and two fields "User Name:" and "Confirm Password:".

Entering the username works fine. However, when I enter the
password (funny name of the field, btw) nothing is echoed,
no stars I mean. Neither does the authentication work,
but when I press OK the very same dialog is displayed again.

Is this behavior well known?

Thanks for your time,
Svante Kleist, NEMESIS systemDesign, Stockholm