[Zope-Moz] Basic authentication fails for ".../manage" with M14

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:25:43 +0200

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 09:09:52PM +0200, Svante Kleist wrote:

> Hi all MoZopistas,
>
> Before submitting a bugzilla report, I'd like to check
> that I'm not re-descovering the fire:
>
> When trying "http://my.zope.server/manage" from M14 (Red Hat Linux 6.0),
> the dialog "Prompt Username and Password" is displayed.
> It contains the text "Enter username for basic realm="Zope",
> and two fields "User Name:" and "Confirm Password:".
>
> Entering the username works fine. However, when I enter the
> password (funny name of the field, btw) nothing is echoed,
> no stars I mean. Neither does the authentication work,
> but when I press OK the very same dialog is displayed again.
>
> Is this behavior well known?

Yes, this is a known bug in M14, I see it as well. A recent nightly should be
better. Note: The nightly builds of 25, 26 and 27 March are busted. Builds
before that are fine (apart from the non-blocking development bugs), and
builds after today _should_ work again as well.

Also, if you check out ZopeStudio, you will notice that Folders like
/Control_Panel and /acl_users refuse to show their contents. These Folders
need more than Anonymous credentials to list their contents, and currently
authentication of any URL that is accessed via Javascript is broken, this is
bugzilla bug #33206.

For Mozilla bugs that affect ZopeStudio, see:

  http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=zopestudio

--
Martijn Pieters