[Zope-Moz] Getting started

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 18:14:44 +0200

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 11:46:01AM -0400, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> I don't see anywhere on the Zope Mozilla pages (the ones accessible from the
> 'Resources' area) about how to get started.
>

> How do I get started working with and contributing to ZopeStudio?  Paul
> knows I have some high opinions on what I think it should be.  Primarily --
> I want to get involved in a development environment targeted at developers
> to create new Rich Content Types that the content managers can then use.

Indeed, this is a big missing gap there. And the fact that with current
nightly builds (and maybe with M16 as well (!)) even I have trouble getting
started isn't helping either.

Right now, I am trying to find a way of making it easy for an outsider to
crank up a CVS checkout with a nightly. This is proving to be difficult
because I have to copy half the Mozilla build system it seems. The guy
responsible for the current pickle I am in has RSI and is not always capable
of typing up the emails that explain when he has the strength again to code up
the fixes! If M16 is going to contain this problem, it will be worth the
effort of setting up a script or system that will set up the right symlinks
for you, or copies if you are on a Win32 system.

I hope to know more by the end of this week.

--
Martijn Pieters