[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: Help system as a medium priority

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 08:21:53 -0500

Howdy.  I started reading through Phillip's "Cool" note, and was
disappointed that I didn't get the first email in.  So here's a
response. :^)

In the next weeks, lots of people will lobby for "can you tackle <my
favorite thing> next", where the candidates will include cataloging
(death to CatalogAware), the event system that it might need, etc.

Just in case the list is FIFO, here's a request.  Make the creation of a
"Help Service" a high priority.  Maybe it's not a service, but you get
the picture.

We could get benefit from the existance of such a beastie during the
creation of Zope3.  People will be able to read help -- even if it's
only on disk and not in the help system itself.  Also, we'll set good
patterns and practices, and the end of zope3 won't be an exercise in
massive "let's go back and see what we did".

--Paul