[Zope3-dev] initial topics for z3 doc project

holger krekel pyth@devel.trillke.net
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 23:45:59 +0100

Guido Wesdorp wrote:
> On Thursday 07 November 2002 10:51, holger krekel wrote:
> >
> > If all 'documentation' is available at runtime this makes it
> > easier to have interactive search functions etc.  Maybe the
> > Demo-Project project should really be a Zope3 product itself
> > documenting itself.  Eat your own catfood.
> > But that might mean we have to wait :-)
> >
> Do one of you know how well the sources itself are documented? It would help
> if the docstrings would be a little more consistent then in 2... Maybe we can
> make sure extracting documentation from the sources will lead to a clean and
> complete reference,  making sure arguments, returnvalues etc. are described
> in the docstrings of either the objects or the interfaces in a consistent
> manner. Or at least set some obligatory style for docstrings or so...

We could write a unittest for "correct" syntax of docstrings.
Coincidentally, I talked to GvR about some python docstrings
and a stricter syntax regarding the 'signature' line (the first
of a docstring).

cheers,

    holger