[ZDP] Portals

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 04 May 2000 12:17:28 +0100

Another brain dump...

This time on ideas for the Portal Structure:

+ - Introduction (newbies, evaluators, the like)

+ - Users
|   |
|   + - DTML (stuff at the management interface level)
|   |
|   + - ZClasses (stuff for people who develop ZClass-based products)

+ - Developers
|    |
|    + - Products (APIs, etc, for people who develop Python Products)
|    |
|    + - Application ( stuff for people actually developing Zope itself)

+ - SIGs

    + - PTK

    + - ZODB (storage discussions and the like)

    + - SQL/RDBS

    + - High Availability

That's what the levels of Zope feel like to me. ZClasses and their ilk are
tricky 'cos I'm not sure whether they belong under users or developers. Maybe
they need to be in both portals?

please feel free to comment/disagree/etc...

Chris