[Zope-PTK] FYI: Sad news

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:59:55 +0100

> I've also been thinking that, in addition to listings on the Zope product
> pages, PTK add-ons, implementations, 'skins', and whatnot should be listed
> at least a little* bit separately. Zope is so nice on its own that I can see
> people developing sans-PTK for sometime, and it would be great for people
> getting into the PTK to have a resource devoted to projects/products that
> interact with/use PTK-isms. Forgive me if anything I'm saying here sounds
> particularly foolish, I'm still new at this.

I have to agree with this. Zope is growing into more of a family than a
single product now.

As I see it, we currently have:

+ - Zope
|   |
|   + - Products

+ - PTK

+ - Tracker

With possibly more to come.

I would guess that zope.org needs to be re-designed to reflect this.

Furthermore, zope.org and zdp.org need to integrate MUCH better.

Either
- there should be no documentation on zope.org and people should use
zdp.zope.org
- or ZDP should provide the documentation section(s (one of each of
PTK,Zope &
  Tracker)) for zope.org

More of my $0.02 collection... I'll be very poor, very soon at this rate
;-)

Chris

PS: Things like the interfaces Wiki need to be integrated with ZDP at
some
    stage... :S