[Zope-PTK] DISCUSS: Changing template construction

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:47:48 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Everitt" <paul@digicool.com>
To: <zope-ptk@zope.org>; <jeffrey@digicool.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2000 10:37 AM
Subject: [Zope-PTK] DISCUSS: Changing template construction

[snip]
> with all the site content pages as:
>
>   <dtml-template standard_template insertAs="insertedContents">
>   <h2>My Stuff</h2>
>   </dtml-template>
>
> Thus, Jeffrey introduced a new tag that grabbed a renderer and passed
> in the block as contents.
[snip]

I like this proposal. I think it does simplify things. (Boy, people who are
new to Zope after the PTK comes out will have nifty sites up and running
really quickly :)

One comment: if the template attribute of the <dtml-template> tag can take
an expression, this will also make for an easy way to do skins. (And you
don't even have to wait for the browsers to support CSS properly)

Kevin