[Zope-CMF] Lost in SkinSpace!

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:49:29 +0100

> Could you set the portal_skin REQUEST variable equal to your skin_choice
> variable when necessary without modifying source?

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that, but had two problems -

1. I don't want to tag "portal_skin=xyz" onto the end of every URL

2. I think you could do a request.set to avoid it showing in the URL, but I
couldn't find a suitable place to do that - you can't do it in your Page
Templates, as it has to be set before the template is called? I thought
about having a PythonScript called "view" that set it in the request, then
redirected to a Page Template, but then (I think) you'd have to call the
Page Template something other than "view", and if people went direct to the
page (i.e. via a bookmark), the request.set wouldn't have happened?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious? :-)

Cheers, Jon