[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] delete members: related changes and updated proposal

seb bacon seb at jamkit.com
Mon Sep 8 13:59:28 EDT 2003

Yuppie wrote:
> I'm not sure if I did get your point. CMFCore already has a
> createMemberarea() method that depends on a folder with the id 'Members'.
 >
> There are also getMemberareaCreationFlag(), setMemberareaCreationFlag()
> and the not implemented methods getHomeFolder() and getHomeUrl() that
> support the member folder concept.

My point is that nothing to do with the member folder concept belongs in
CMFCore - I realise it is there already, but I think that is a mistake.
  It's doesn't feel like a universal site feature.  To me, it's
equivalent to having a RecipeBook module in CMFCore, or a
PopupWindowGenerator, or something like that :-)

But then, maybe that's just me.  Personally, I've never used
Memberfolders in 3 years of making all kinds of websites using the
CMF... but maybe I'm an exception.

> If I can't use getMembersFolder() in CMFCore, I have to override the
> deleteMemberArea method in CMFDefault by adding almost redundant code.

> What would you propose to do?

If I were doing it, I would propose to move everything to do with member
folders into CMFDefault.

seb