[Zope-DB] Problem installing ZPoPyDA and PoPy

Klaus Schniedergers klaus.schniedergers@windriver.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:32:25 -0700

--=====================_116329683==_.ALT

Hi,

I'm trying to get ZPoPyDA up, but fail because it can't find the PoPy module.

Is this the correct way to install PoPy (on Solaris 2.7)?
($zope is my zope root directory)
   - untar PoPy 2.0.8 in $zope/Zope-2.4.1-src/lib/python/Products
   - ./configure (including some options to find the Postgres and mx
headers and libs)
   - ./make; ./make install
     This installs PoPymodule.so in $zope/lib/python2.1/site-packages

After restarting Zope, I don't see the PoPy module in the Zope management UI;
should it show up there? Also, as mentioned, ZPoPyDA doesn't find the PoPy
module.

Please help, and ignore my stupid question...I'm just starting to dive into
Zope and Python. Also, any pointers to FAQs or instructions that might help
are appreciated.

Thanks
Klaus

--=====================_116329683==_.ALT

I'm trying to get ZPoPyDA up, but fail because it can't find the PoPy
module.<br><br>
Is this the correct way to install PoPy (on Solaris 2.7)?<br>
($zope is my zope root directory)<br>
&nbsp; - untar PoPy 2.0.8 in
$zope/Zope-2.4.1-src/lib/python/Products<br>
&nbsp; - ./configure (including some options to find the Postgres and mx
headers and libs)<br>
&nbsp; - ./make; ./make install<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This installs PoPymodule.so in
$zope/lib/python2.1/site-packages<br><br>
After restarting Zope, I don't see the PoPy module in the Zope management
UI;<br>
should it show up there? Also, as mentioned, ZPoPyDA doesn't find the
PoPy module.<br><br>
Please help, and ignore my stupid question...I'm just starting to dive
into<br>
Zope and Python. Also, any pointers to FAQs or instructions that might
help<br>
are appreciated.<br><br>
Thanks<br>
Klaus<br>