[Zope-dev] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.4.0 alpha 1 released

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:42:05 -0300

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 07:33:43AM +1000, Albert Langer wrote:

> "A note to component developers - as of Zope 2.4 ExtensionClass has not been
> updated to support all of the new "magic protocols" that Python classes
> support (we're hoping that EC will go away soon)."
>
> What does "hoping that EC will go away soon" mean? I thought that
> ExtensionClass was pretty
> fundamental to Zope?? Does this just mean that the limitation on "magic
> protocols" will go away soon, or is there some URL I should look at re
> replacement for EC?

EC are a fix for a problem that shouldn't exist in Python
(inability to inherit from classes defined in C/C++).

By "hoping that EC will go away soon", I assume they mean the
PythonLabs folks are working on fixing this for once in Python
itself. Right?

[]s,
                                               +----
--