[Zope-dev] Re: [Z3lab] Nuxeo supports Zope Corp announces

kit blake kitblake at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:55:45 EDT 2005

Wow, what a difference two days makes. I heard about the ZF
announcement by telephone two mornings ago, and I breathed a huge sigh
of relief. It solves a problem we've been worrying about for years. It
means we can sit across from a nervous IT director, and when he asks
dubious questions about the steering and future of the Zope platform,
we can say with certainty, "It's in good hands."

Reviewing the thread, I'm astonished at the negativity. C'mon, this is
a *breakthrough*. It's a move that can ensure the future of Zope.
Granted, it's prudent to be cautious, and there's a lot of work to be
done, but it's a major step. Shouldn't we be using an Agile approach?

As for structure and neutrality, I think decisions should be left up
to the developers. If they're not on board, there won't be anything.
I'm not much of a developer, I'm a manager, and I know that attempting
to pull developers 'over a bridge' is a bad idea.

Actually, I'm a vendor too. So wearing all these different stakeholder
hats, I'm looking forward to the process. To be explicit: I'm prepared
to invest in the future of Zope.
kit

Infrae . . . kit blake . . . infrae.com . t +31 10 243 7051
Hoevestraat 10 . 3033 GC Rotterdam . NL . f +31 10 243 7052