[Zope-dev] Re: zope.viewlet 3.4.1 release broken

Ignas Mikalajunas ignas.mikalajunas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:30:10 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 4:19 PM, Fred Drake <fdrake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2008 6:13 AM, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> > Well, pinning versions for production is okay, but what are you doing during
> > development? If everyone keeps their own working set of versions, we will
> > soon have a support nightmare, since reproducing someone else's setup will
> > become almost impossible.
>
> No, zc.buildout does the work there.  At least at ZC, the versions
> specifications are stored in Subversion right alongside the project
> code, and is essential build information.

So you are effectively maintaining your own personal KGS
configuration, which is fine if there are enough resources to do that
properly, but I personally like delegating whenever I can ;) and i
trust Stephan to do the task for me.

And I don't think there are that many developers that are better than
Stephan at keeping a good KGS. I understand that Zope corp is
employing a lot of  programmers that have the expertise to maintain
such a config, I just don't think everyone should do it.

Ignas