[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12.17 does not die when I hit ctrl+C

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Fri May 6 05:40:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Izak Burger <izak at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> The little bit of debugging I've
> done so far suggests that after the signal handler for SIGINT runs,
> SystemExit is raised but it is somehow ignored. After that it just drops
> back into the polling loop in Lifetime.lifetime_loop.
> Has anyone else noticed this odd behaviour? SIGKILL seems like a very bad
> idea as it does not give the process a chance to clean up, so I'm not
> particularly happy about what I need to do at the moment, even if its just
> development.

Are you using zope.sendmail's mail:queuedDelivery in the project? If
yes, upgrade to zope.sendmail 3.5.3, which will make it into Zope
2.12.18. Earlier versions registered an atexit handler that wasn't
compatible with Python 2.5+. The bug was only fixed in later versions
of zope.sendmail but not backported to the 3.5 stable branch.

Otherwise what operating system are you running on? On Windows you
need to hit Ctrl-C twice IIRC.

Do you have any custom software that registers system exit or signal handlers?

Hanno